Saturday, October 03, 2009

ultralight documentation

I'm looking for the most lightweight system for documenting what's going on the Innovation Center.

I'd like to be able to take a picture or video, add a voice annotation and/or text, send it to the web and see the post with the voice annotation transcribed. (Is that asking so much?)

I can't figure out how to mash that up (see below), but what I can do with my iphone easily is upload video to youtube (with narration say) and later do easy "captions" in the form of annotations and even swap in a sound track...all from within youtube on the web.

like this:





Below are the approaches I explored before deciding the above is as good as it's likely to get.

For example there's a neat $1.99 iphone app called "Say It and Mail It" that makes it easy to attach a voice recording and a photo (and a map) to a single email message.
Now what about transcripts?
  • I can call reqall and get a transcript back by email
  • but I can't send the voice recording to reqall
  • --I might be able to finesse that by playing the voice recording through skype, but I can't get reqall to accept the skype call (though this reportedly can be done).