View Larger Map
By way of thanks, I sent him a few links to current trends (with notes on opportunities, you might want to explore...perhaps with some of our more entrepreneurial innovation students.)
- A New Zealand company that has brilliantly "consumerized" your business. I send them line drawings, they send me laser-cut objects. ( http://www.ponoko.com/ But they're shipping from New Zealand . I imagine they could use a North American fab-site.)
- Fabbing as popular (geek) culture. (or, why you are changing the world)
by Neil A Gershenfeld - 2005 - 289 pages
- http://www.fabbaloo.com/ a blog that tracks this stuff
- Google Sketchup. An extraordinary, and extraordinarily free, 3D modelling program.
Soon, someone will tie this right in to a laser cutting rig...
- A few pictures from our visit http://picasaweb.google.com/jschull/Smidgeons#