[PDF] From "Novelty" to "Community: Exploring New Roles for Technology in a Law School Center" by David Eddy Spider
Look in particular under online resources.
a.(o).i.r book listing
Activity Analysis and Development in a Nutshell
- Markham, Annette N. 1998. Life Online: Researching Real Experience in Virtual Space. Walnut Creek: Altamira Press. ISBN: 0761990313.
- Jones, Steve, ed. 1999 (*). Doing Internet Research: Critical Issues and Methods for Examining the Net. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. ISBN: 0761915958.
- Hine, Christine. 2000. Virtual Ethnography. London: Sage. ISBN: 0761958967.
- has the following paper online, from a 1998 conference presentation: IRISS '98: Virtual Ethnography
- Dochartaigh, Niall O. 2002. The Internet Research Handbook: A Practical Guide for Students and Researchers in the Social Sciences. London; Thousand Oaks; New Delhi: Sage. ISBN: 0761964401.
J. Gregory included a link to this in her syllabus. It's a "how-to" on using AT to analyze organizational structure.
Monday, February 14, 2005
Some good links on Qualitative Research and the Association of Internet Researchers from David Eddy Spider's old blog http://gseacademic.harvard.edu/~eddyspda/